Parish Council role in Planning

Planning decisions are made by Bath and North East Somerset Council (BANES). The Parish Council is a statutory consultee only, empowered to comment on individual applications. We make our decisions based upon a number of factors including compatibility with our parish residential & commercial planning policies & representations received from interested parties.

The Parish Council are not able to give advice on planning applications, but do welcome your views, which can be expressed during the public submissions at the beginning of each monthly meeting from 08.00pm, directly to the clerk or individual councillors.

View Planning Applications

Please note that the links on this page take you to the BANES website, which is out of our control. Where possible, we have linked to the relevant page for the parish, however some links may take you to a more general page where you may need to select Farrington Gurney as the parish.

View a list of (and comment on) planning applications in the parish

Search by application number or property

View a weekly list of new planning applications or decisions (note that these are not specific to the Parish)

Advice on submitting comments

Note that comments are submitted to BANES, not this website.

  • If you would like to make a representation on a current planning application, please include your name and address (including postcode).
  • You cannot comment on a Discharge of Condition request or Non-Material Amendment (reference numbers ending COND and NMA).
  • Please note your comments will be viewable on the website as forming part of the available application documentation.
  • Due to the volume of correspondence received on applications, BANES say it is not possible to acknowledge or respond to comments.
  • For further information, please visit the ‘Have your say on planning applications‘ web page.

Addresses in the online database of applications

The addresses in the database are from the Local Land & Property Gazetteer which conforms to British Standard BS7666 and may differ from your postal address. It is the responsibility of the owner to inform the council’s street naming and numbering officer about any change to the address of a property.